Friday, August 27, 2010

My first trip to The Original Crabill’s.

Eugene’s always raved about this tiny hamburger joint in Urbana {about 20 minutes from where we live} where they serve up the greasiest, best sliders EVER.

IMG_2299

For years I’ve heard about this place, and I’ve never had the desire to try it. {I’m not a big fan of greasy.} But yesterday evening, I had to go to Urbana for work so I asked if he’d like to go with me and stop at the infamous Crabill’s. To say the least, he was pumped.

IMG_2297b

Crabill’s has been in business for 85 years and is the tiniest restaurant I think I’ve ever been in. Once you walk in, the bar counter is literally 3 feet from the door and spans the entire restaurant {enough room for seven people to sit.} Right behind the bar/counter, the lady takes your order and tells the cook who is also working directly behind the counter, who then smashes some meatballs in three inches of pure boiling grease. They serve ‘em up with onion, relish, brown mustard, and ketchup, but only if you ask for the ketchup. I got one double cheeseburger, Eugene got four, and our bill came to 5 bucks even.

IMG_2301

They then put our burgers straight into not one, but two brown bags to go {they’re so greasy that one brown bag  just isn’t enough!}

IMG_2302

Despite the inevitable stomach ache that came after devouring this mess, I have to admit it was quite delish! And I’m glad I can finally share in with the legends of Crabill’s that Eugene always likes to tell. ;)

Oh, and my wondrous thing today came in a text from my brother-in-law, wishing me a happy Friday:

0827100852a

She just might be the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...