Thursday, August 12, 2010

The golf gallery.

Eugene & his partner, affectionately nicknamed“Boomer,” won the Young Guys division in the church golf league. They faced off in a heated match with the winners of the Old Guys division, who just happened to be Eugene’s college baseball coach & Boomer’s dad. There wasn’t any feeling of competitiveness or rivalry there at all {note the sarcasm}. Um, they were out for blood.

IMG_1468

Boomer’s mom wanted the wives to come and watch the men battle, so I tagged along and brought my camera to try out some manual settings to see if I could learn a few things. I have never taken any photography classes, nor have I  ever read anything about how to actually work the dang thing…for example, aperture, exposure, f-stop, yeah, all foreign and confusing to this chick! Anyway, {after reading a Pioneer Woman tutorial on my Blackberry while sitting in the golf cart – isn’t technology crazy?}, I messed around with different f-stops and different ISO settings. I actually liked a few of the shots I took. And I liked them even more after some editing on the laptop.

So do you get the pun in this post’s title now? Come on…crowd vs. photo gallery…work with me here.

IMG_1433

IMG_1472 IMG_1477

IMG_1478

I really like the picture below.

IMG_1494b

IMG_1475

Jordan’s partner played golf & tennis for Cedarville University.

IMG_1482b

And Boomer’s dad, Kirk, is Cedarville’s head women’s basketball coach. He asked Eugene be his JV coach this year. Should be interesting.

IMG_1484

Eugene actually hit this one really well out of the sand. {See, I did pay attention!}

IMG_1485

Lots of coaching wisdom on this team.

 IMG_1486

Boomer played really well, minus one bad hole where he shot a ten. Ugh, yes, a ten. There was water involved…and it was ugly.

 IMG_1489

I also like this picture quite a bit.

IMG_1491

This face…

IMG_1436

…and this fist pump pretty much sums up the match.

IMG_1493

We went to Young’s Jersey Dairy with the winners & their wives for ice cream after the match. Then we went straight to bed – I was exhausted from working & my poor husband was a walking zombie after only sleeping an hour last night while they drove home from New York. Not a bad afternoon outside!

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...