Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A celebratory dinner.

This {handsome} man was the reason for our celebration dinner last night.

IMG_1257b

He signed his full-time, full benefits teaching contract yesterday at Catholic Central. He’ll be the entire middle school social studies department, and I know he’ll be an amazing teacher {and witness} for all the 7th and 8th graders there.

We can finally stop the daily hourly job searching for a while. God came through in the 9th inning, and His timing is perfect. And because of this huge relief – this huge blessing – we enjoyed a celebratory dinner at home last night.

Eugene fired up the grill and made me perfectly grilled shrimp and him a spectacular steak. {Thanks for the steak, Dad!} I baked my“Red Lobster Baked Potatoes”, we boiled some fresh-from-the-garden corn on the cob.

IMG_1255

What a perfect Summer meal! We hardly talked through the dinner. All that could be heard was “Wow, this is so good.” and “Mmm, yummm…”

IMG_1256

After we finished eating, Eugene looked at me and asked, “Can we have this dinner again in an hour?” Yes, it was that good!

I made up a recipe for the grilled shrimp & let me tell you, IT WAS FABULOUS! {Not to mention super easy.}

Grilled Honey Shrimp

Shrimp, thawed {the kind that’s frozen and pre-cooked}
Honey
Italian Dressing
Salt & Pepper

Place your thawed shrimp in a bowl and coat them heavily in honey. Then add enough Italian Dressing to heavily coat them too. Let the shrimp marinate in this {I only let them sit there for about 15 minutes because we were hungry, and it worked fine.}

 IMG_1251

Transfer your shrimp directly to your hot grill. Baste the top of the shrimp with the excess marinade. Grill for about 3 minutes and then flip them. Baste the other side now, and remove them from the grill about 3 minutes later.

IMG_1253

Add some cocktail sauce if you’d like, but these had such good flavor with the honey that I never even needed the sauce. Oh, how delicious!

IMG_1254

We were both pretty impressed at our cooking skills last night & agreed that the meal was just as good as anything we could have paid for in a restaurant. I’m so glad we got to celebrate Jordan’s great accomplishment/new job!

On another note, my boss’s son just got a new puppy & the little boxer visited work yesterday, spending some time in my office. How cute is this little guy!?

IMG_1242

IMG_1246

Yes, that’s my highlighter.

IMG_1245

IMG_1250

Puppies instantly melt my heart. Thankfully, I knew I had my pup waiting for me when I got home, so I didn’t rush to the pound to buy an 8 week old!

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...