Monday, August 16, 2010

Let the angels sing.

Yesterday, I sat in church next to my parents, behind Scott & Libby, in front of Eugene’s parents and brother & sisters. We sang “Wonderful the matchless grace of Jesus, greater far than all my sin and shame! Oh, magnify the precious name of Jesus – Praise His Name!"

And then we watched the testimonies of nine people who decided to be baptized that Sunday. While Eugene has been saved since he was in 3rd grade, and he has a real and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, he decided it was time to be baptized & we agreed to join the church. He spoke a great testimony, explaining that his mission trip to the Dominican Republic & the hunger for Christ he saw there his freshman year of college made Christ more real. He explained that we have learned to trust in God and trust in His provision over this last year as we both lost our jobs. And he read two verses that have impacted him strongly:

 Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Matthew 6:25-26

and

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing to the glory that is to be revealed to us. Romans 8:18

Scott prayed a lovely prayer for Jordan.

IMG_1736

And he was baptized by Pastor Eric Mounts.

IMG_1734

IMG_1737

And I cried…tears of thankfulness for this Godly man that is my husband, tears of humbleness for the path God has carried us through the last 7 years, tears of joy as I could imagine the angels singing as these nine believers publicly proclaiming their faith.

IMG_1742

God is good. He is so good.

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...