Friday, May 28, 2010

Coffee Cake & sunshine.

I got a wicked craving for coffee cake last night, so 30 minutes later we were scarfing down the yummy treat. I used my baking mix {name brand is usually Bisquick} and got complemented as “such an amazing cook” by Eugene  lol.

Bisquick Coffee Cake

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a square 9 x 1 ½ inch dish with with cooking oil.  In a small bowl, mix together the streusel topping and set it aside:

  • 1/3 cup Bisquick
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 heaping teaspoon of cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons of margarine

SDC14461

SDC14458

Mix the first three ingredients together. Then cut in the margarine with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.

Then in a separate medium-sized bowl, mix the batter using:

  • 2 cups of Bisquick
  • 2 tablespoons of sugar
  • 2/3 cup of milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 splash of vanilla extract

First, mix all the liquid ingredients together and the dry ingredients separately.

SDC14459

SDC14460

Then combine the two and mix well. Pour the batter into your prepared pan. Now sprinkle that with the Streusel topping. If you’d like, you can take a butter knife and zig-zag it through the topping for a marbled effect.

Pop it in the oven and bake it for 18 to 22 minutes. It should look golden brown on top when it’s done. Let it cool for just a few minutes so it will come out of the pan nicely, but to experience this coffee cake at it’s best, it should really be served warm. {We couldn’t wait so we ate it right after the timer went off!}

SDC14462

SDC14463

It didn’t even make it through 24 hours… all gone. Yeah, I know – we’re bad. :)

I took today off from work because I worked last Saturday. I did laundry, got groceries and soaked up some sunshine. This is me in my happy place. Mmmmm.

SDC14465

I’m so thankful for the long weekend {even though I work again on Saturday}. Long weekends = family time & cooking/baking & time outside. All wondrous things!

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...