Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ice cream with Lib.

Yesterday wasn’t too exciting. Just work & 100+ heat & ridiculously high humidity. Luckily, it rained around 6:30, and right when it stopped {or so I thought} the pup & I went on a run. It then proceeded to rain more, but it was a nice cool-off for us…plus, the pup was pumped about the puddles it created for him to play in and drink.

My best friend from high school stopped by after her doctor’s appointment {baby is doing well} for a quick visit. We drove to McDonald’s for some soft-serve ice cream. Um, yum.

IMG_1424

Isn’t Lib beautiful with her baby belly? :) I loved talking with her and just connecting again in person. We talked about how difficult it is sometimes when we work really hard, yet the people around us {my boss} don’t seem to appreciate, or even recognize, that we’re even trying. We both definitely feed off of the love language “words of affirmation.” But, my volleyball shoes come to mind here. I know, seems random, but it’s not really. See, on every new pair of volleyball shoes I got, I would write “Col 3:23” on the top of the leather. It reminded me…

“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.”

I’m not supposed to work for my boss’ approval. Not for my parents’ approval, not for Eugene’s approval, or my clients. Just work for the Lord. I guarantee you that He sees everything we do, every action we take, every drop of sweat, every ounce of effort. I think it must be my love language, but really long  & yearn for the day when He says to me {little ol’, pitiful me} “Well done my good and faithful servant!” {Matthew 25:23.} Oh that will be the best day!

Also, the hubs made it home safely, just about 10 minutes ago {wondrous thing.} I missed him tons.

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...