Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mr. Shumaker has his own classroom.

Yesterday I actually took the entire day off work {well, minus a few calls I had to make in the morning!} It was lovely having two days off in a row…it’s been so long since I’ve had that!

I did some laundry & other stuff around the condo before meeting Mr. Shumaker at his new classroom at Catholic Central School. Then we ate a really good summer dinner of hamburgers & homemade French fries {recipe to come when I get more time}.

He really lucked out with a room that’s air conditioned, with a view outside, and it’s carpeted. :)

We rearranged what we could, considering that they still haven’t given him any desks for his students yet…minor details, I guess. But he got to put up all the sports posters he’s been selflessly storing under the guest bed {since I prefer not to have a living room or bedroom decked out in Griffey posters.}

This is what it looked like before we attacked it – it was previously a computer lab.

 IMG_1743

See – nice windows!

IMG_1745

The back area he created for storage & two seats at a back table.

IMG_1750

Mr. Shumaker starting to arrange his desk…

IMG_1748

This is my favorite poster of his {honestly} & it’s going to be behind his desk.

IMG_1749

His podium, stool & TV. Maybe he should add a post-it to the ESPN ONLY sign that says “or History Channel.” 

  IMG_1751

His parents gave him this stool for a Christmas/graduation gift. And they also wrote loving, encouraging notes on it for him to always be reminded of their support.

IMG_1752

I’m sure his room will look even better once he has desks & chairs for his students! He starts teacher work-days tomorrow. I’ll be praying that it’s a smooth transition for him! I’m so thankful he has a job! :)

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...