Monday, October 18, 2010

{So much} quality time.

I really need to figure out another way to describe my weekends rather than the usual “crazy-busy” descriptor. Friday night, Eugene had 3 of his college friends over & my living room was instantly filled with ESPN, rankings, player statistics, The Office recaps, nachos & cheese, and other manly stuff. He enjoyed the visit with the guys.

Saturday morning, the guys enjoyed the best doughnuts in the entire world…

IMG_4151

And then we headed to Eugene’s parents’ place where my sister-in-law played hairdresser for me {reversing the roles} and dyed  my hair slightly darker for the cooler weather. I went from this beachy blonde…

 IMG_4146

To a dark autumnal blonde…

 IMG_4153 

I think I like it, but I guess the verdict’s still out. {PS I’m really not a fan of the solo pics of me on the blog. Ugh. But I think it helps to show my sister the color…you better enjoy this close-up, Casey!}

Jordan worked an event with me on Saturday, and then Sunday after church we took the pup with us to the park for a family birthday party for Eugene’s grandma Dottie.

IMG_4257

It was a perfect Fall day for a picnic, nice & warm outside, sun shining, and the leaves were falling from the tall trees the entire time.

IMG_4242

I also got to snap a few pics of our second cousin, Ava, while she was playing on the playground. I’m doing a family session with her later this week, so this will be just a preview of more to come. :)

IMG_4263b

IMG_4239d

IMG_4261b 

IMG_4265c

  IMG_4264b

It was a perfect day for the camera.

IMG_4282

Oh, and Eugene’s basketball team was off on Fall Break for the second half of this week & this weekend, so that freed up at least 9 extra hours just for us. It – was – amazing. I love quality time with him & it was much needed with our busy schedules lately and the pressure from the stressful decisions we’ve been making.

IMG_4270b

And because today marks 7 years together with him, here’s a special shout-out to tell him how thankful I am for him. He’s my best friend & he makes me so happy. Our journey together since we were 17 years old has been happy, scary, unexpected, sad, exciting, nerve-wracking, joyful, hilarious, friendship-filled, and absolutely unbelievable. I love him {so much}.

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...