Monday, October 4, 2010

Blizzards, hairdo’s, baseball, and work.

What a jam-packed weekend! Although I feel like I say that every week, this one was filled to the brim. Friday I had to stay late for work – a wedding ceremony rehearsal, but when I finally did get home, we treated ourselves {using a b1g1 free coupon} to a DQ blizzard. I had their new Pumpkin Pie blizzard & let me tell you, it was g-to the double o-d, good. Mmm. I’ve been feeling sick for a week now with zero appetite, but this bad boy hit the spot!

image http://www.seanpaune.com/2006/11/26/evil-evil-dairy-queen/

Saturday started early with a few things to prepare the venue for work, and then the pup & I headed to Eugene’s parents’ place to help his sisters get ready for their high school homecoming dance.

I took the role of hairstylist & make-up artist and went to work.{Not that they needed much help – they’re gorgeous!} For her first ever homecoming, Heidi wanted a French braid from the bottom with a curly side ponytail.

 IMG_3466

Pretty pink smokey eyes…

 IMG_3471

The sisters pose for a mid-process pic…

IMG_3474b

For her last homecoming dance, Rita wanted a low, curly, side bun with a flower accent she made…

IMG_3478b

IMG_3495b

A total of 74 bobby pins gave their life to make this hairstyle possible.

IMG_3496

Such a pretty Senior!

IMG_3497b

Heidi posed for a few outdoor pics…

IMG_3498b IMG_3501

These two are the best sister-in-laws!

IMG_3503

I can’t believe they’re a Senior & Freshman in high school. Crazy!

IMG_3504

Oh, and just for kicks, here’s a back shot of the hair…

IMG_3506b

Okay, so straight from there, the pup & I headed to Cedarville University to watch my man play some baseball in the alumni game. I miss seeing him smiling on the field.

  IMG_3530

IMG_3521

Even the pup wanted to watch him play ball…

IMG_3517

IMG_3537

I love these two boys…

IMG_3516

I enjoyed catching up with our Cedarville friends, who have since moved away. We miss them a lot, but it was wonderful to hug & reconnect. :)

I left the game early to drop the pup off at home & head into work. Eight hours, one ceremony, & two wedding receptions later, I finally made it home.

Sunday we woke up early to teach the 2’s in Sunday School, then Eugene enjoyed a Red’s game with his brother, grandpa, & dad while I entertained the pup & visited my parents.

Exhausting, but enjoyable, weekend. Now I just have to keep praying I don’t get this cold I feel coming on {I have four events for work this week, so it’d be rough timing to be sick!}

Hope everyone has a happy Monday!

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...