Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Turkey crescent roll-ups & The uncommon.

I’ve made Turkey Crescent Roll-Ups before, but this time I took a few pics to share. It’s such a simple meal that I doubt it requires a recipe, but guess I might as well add a few steps.

Turkey Crescent Roll-Ups

1 can of reduced fat crescent rolls
lunchmeat {I picked turkey, obviously}
cheese {I used shredded cheddar}
Southwest Mustard {optional, I just used this for Eugene’s, nothing for mine….I like ‘em plain.}

Yeah, it’s as simple as you’d imagine. Roll out the crescents, add your cheese…

 IMG_4284

…add your lunchmeat…

IMG_4285 

…add your mustard {or cream cheese & mustard, like I did last time.}

IMG_4287

IMG_4286

Roll those bad boys up…

IMG_4288

Bake ‘em at 375 degrees for however long the rolls’ packaging tells ya to…

IMG_4290 

…plate them once they’re nice and golden brown.

IMG_4292 

Add some caramel apples & ya got a great lunch {or quick dinner, in our case.} Oh, and see those bright pretty flowers? Yup, it’s a “7 years together” gift from my hubs. :)

IMG_4293

Eugene & I are hosting a team dinner for his basketball girls today, so I also baked my ultimate favorite bread machine Italian Herb Bread recipe last night. Can’t wait to dip a piece of this beaut. in my spaghetti sauce. Mm!

IMG_4296

IMG_4297

We also had our first discussion with our small group on Crazy Love last night. I think it’s gonna be a good one. I already posted the introduction video a while back. If you’re interested, here’s a video that connects with the first chapter.

“When you’re so familiar with someone, they can become common to you, like just another person. And my concern is that sometimes we can do that with God – those of us who have been in the church for a long time, praying for a long time, hearing about Him for a long time – that He becomes so familiar to us that He becomes common.”

I pray that God’s unfathomable, all-powerful character, His overwhelming provision, His ultimate grace and deep deep love, and even the tiniest markings of His work – I pray that all of this stays fresh, unique, and amazingly shocking to me. I pray that I never become so self-absorbed to where I overlook, underestimate, or take for granted His fingerprints all over our lives.

{Lord, You are so much bigger than all I see, experience or understand & I thank you for that. Thank you, Lord, for everything.}

signature3

2 comments:

  1. My sister makes these roll ups and they're always fantastic. By the way, I'm holding a CSN giveaway on my blog and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/11/45-csn-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and quick lunch. I just love filling those up with all kinds of stuff. I just saw a commercial on crescent roll pinwheels too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...