Friday, February 26, 2010

Eat pizza and pretend it's Friday.

Last night, Jordan and I made personal pizzas together for dinner. Yummy. I didn't realize what Bisquick mix was until I moved to Cedarville after college. My lovely roommate (wow, that's another really long story) made chocolate chip scones using the mix... and then I was hooked! The pizza crust is way easy, and I've learned that if you're a Shumaker, your favorite meal is pizza and you must have it at least once a week. ;)

Pizza crust:
2 1/2 cups of bisquick baking mix
1/3 cup hot water

*preheat oven to 450, mix bisquick and water and stir with a fork about 20 strokes, spray with vegetable spray to keep it from sticking to your hands, separate dough in half, and form two pizza crusts on the pizza stone. Add your fav. toppings, bake for 12-15 minutes.

The pizza baking on the super-nice pizza stone we got as a gift from Pampered Chef when we got married:



The pizza plated, right before Eugene devoured it.


Last night was nice because I kind of pretended it was Friday. You know, pizza is a Friday food. Plus, Jordan's two friends TJ & Colby came over to visit and watch America's Funniest Home Videos and the winter Olympics. Espn was really well behaved when they visited too {proud puppy mom here} as opposed to when he chewed up three spots on my loveseat {not-so proud about this tidbit}!

Also, we took an online test to determine our "Love Language" since we're now married, I wondered if it would be different. We're both Quality Time and Words of Affirmation. :) Both of which I received last night from my husby = wondrous thing.

Verses today:

"I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths." Proverbs 4:11

"He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless." Isaiah 40:29

xoxo,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...