Friday, June 10, 2011

More blue paint.

I still have to share my second blue paint project hinted earlier this week. {The first was the $4 diy welcome mat.} I decided to make my open shelving look a bit more purposeful, and a bit less did-she-just-forget-to-hang-cabinet-doors-ish, so I thought maybe adding a blue background would be just the thing to do the trick. So it went from this, when I removed the doors…

IMG_0189

…to this, when I first painted our cabinets

IMG_0492 

…to this, with the colorful Fiesta Ware, and you can see the tile backsplash we plan to use {someday}…

IMG_0798   

To this, with the light blue background that coordinates with the curtains I made

IMG_2824 

I also added the blue to the open cabinets on the other side of the kitchen, taking it from this…

IMG_2804 

to this…

IMG_2825
{blurry pic b/c I was painting at night…sorry.}

And here’s the full view…

IMG_2853  

Honestly, I’m having a hard time telling if I really like the blue or not. I think the awful faux brick flooring & even more awful boomerang/bowling alley countertops makes it tricky to judge {to say the least}, but I’m thinking that once we get pretty new butcherblock countertops & the bright backsplash up, the blue will fit in well. I figure it’s super easy to paint over should I change my mind, so this was a risk I was comfortable taking. ;)

P.S. we just got our new stainless steel, under-cabinet range vent this week {super excited about this}, so that nasty, crusty, off-white range vent will be in my kitchen no more!

Have a happy weekend ya’ll!

signature4

1 comment:

  1. There are several advantages of choosing a granite tile than all of the other stone or wood countertops. They have all the elements of smooth finish and elegant looking surface but there are few things that make the granite tile more efficient and cost saving.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...