Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Jason Gray concert.

Friday evening, Eugene & I were blessed with a fantastic concert at a local church. A men’s fellowship group sponsored & organized the concert, and Eugene’s dad, who is part of the men’s fellowship group, even shared a little of his heart for the group’s mission with all 500 or so people attending.

IMG_3260

Jason Gray, who is best known for his hit song, “More Like Falling In Love” and newly released song “I am New”,  put on not only an amazing vocal concert, but even more impressive and inspiring to me were his words. He shared raw experiences he had struggling with his severe speech impediment {stuttering} and how God’s worked that for His glory in Jason’s life. {Read more about him in his bio here.}

IMG_3278

Between each song, he shared wisdom from scripture & the what inspired him to pen the lyrics. His words were so full of honesty and packed with his real, undeniable passion for Christ – I couldn’t help but get goosebumps.

IMG_3293

One of his lyrics said: “The longer I walk with you, the less I know. I had the answer ten years ago, and I feel time has come for me to hand it to You and let it go.” I love that, because I agree that the more I get to know God and who He really is, the more I realize I really don’t know much at all! And the perfect response to that: give all the questions, unanswered prayers, decisions – my whole life – to Him.

IMG_3274

One other topic that he spoke on that really hit home for me was about being God’s beloved. It’s not uncommon grow up hearing how terrible, sinful, wretched, and miserable failures we are compared to Christ. That we all fall short and will never be good enough to deserve God’s love. While that’s true – we all do sin, we all do fall short – often times, that gets engrained in our minds that we become extremely critical of ourselves.  We never feel worthy of anything. We’ve prayed, Lord, we don’t deserve to be your children. We’re worthless and failures.” Jason Gray explained that if his young sons ever sulked around his house saying how unworthy they were to live there, he {as their father who loves them deeply} would be so saddened by that. God loves us, and is enthralled with us, even calls us His beloved {Song of Solomon 6:3, Psalm 45:11, 1 John 3:1-2}. My brain naturally falls into the self-critic approach; it’s so easy for me to be so hard on myself. But what a shame it is that I walk around God’s house sulking feeling completely unworthy all the time. It must make Him sad to see me beat myself down.

The truth is, God chose me. He picked me. Me. He finds me beautiful. He loves me more than I will ever know or comprehend. In fact, I am even called the righteousness of God. “For He {God} made Him {Jesus} who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him {Jesus.}” 2 Corinthians 5:21. Now that’s amazing. He makes me totally worthy. {And the same goes for you too!}

IMG_3296

After Jason Gray spoke from the heart & touched mine {and probably 499 other people there}, he sang a great song with the sweet lyrics, “Remind me who I am to you. That I belong to you. I’m the one you love, and I will be enough.”

{Update – I found this video. Jason Gray says it much better himself below}

Needless to say, I enjoyed the concert. :) Oh, and if ya want more info on Jason Gray, his website is: http://jasongraymusic.com/.

Have a happy day, blogland!

signature4

1 comment:

  1. Great post, I too feel so unworthy, but you are so right, we are chosen!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...