Friday, June 24, 2011

Faith for decisions.

Yesterday was a full day – I took it off from work, spent the morning garage sale shopping with my sister-in-law {it was her birthday}, spent the afternoon at a retirement party for Eugene’s grandpa, spent the evening having dinner with Eugene’s family for his sister’s birthday.

IMG_3232

We rode to the retirement party with Eugene’s grandma, and I got to hear stories of his grandpa’s career path from teaching his first year making just $4,000, to having children & looking for a better paying job, to how God’s worked his career path out to become a very successful and highly respected business man.

IMG_3250 

It was a great reminder of the crazy career paths we can take, and how situations change and new opportunities come along. More importantly, it was an encouragement that God worked out Eugene’s grandpa’s career and prospered him. It’s such a testimony to be an honorable businessman who glorifies and trusts God not only in his personal life, but {even more difficult at times} in his professional life as well.

To all my prayer-warrior readers out there, if you wouldn’t mind, please say a prayer for me. Without divulging many details right now, I’m headed straight into a fork in the career road with potentially a very tough decision to make. I would love prayer that God would make the right decision obvious to me, give me wisdom, and that the Holy Spirit would lead me {and that I would be smart enough to see it & follow!}

Because of that, even though I know I shouldn’t, I’m stressing. Therefore, I’m going to flood myself/this blog post with Bible verses on faith. Outside the retirement party, there was a beautiful field of wheat {I love wheat}, and some unique, pretty flowers. Of course, I snapped some pictures that will go nicely between the waves of scripture.

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:8)

IMG_3237

I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)

IMG_3243

Trust in the Lord and do good; so you will live in the land, and enjoy security. Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him. (Psalm 37:3-5, 7a)

IMG_3238

Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. (Psalm 34:10b)

IMG_3239

Those who love me, I will deliver; I will protect those who know my name. When they call to me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue them and honor them. With long life I will satisfy them, and show them my salvation. (Psalm 91:14-16)

IMG_3242b

See, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too hard for me? (Jeremiah 32:27)

IMG_3240

Fear of others will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe. (Proverbs 29:25)

IMG_3248b

Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the Lord your God who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:6,8)

IMG_3241

When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted. (Psalm 138:3)

IMG_3245-horz
{I love this picture combo.}

Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! (Psalm 27:14)

To my prayer-warriors, thank you. Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...