Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pizza on the grill.

Eugene & I decided to try to grill our pizzas last night for dinner. We played sand volleyball for a while in Cedarville, and then by the time we got home we were starving & ready to try out the new pizza. I used the Bisquick dough recipe I made a while ago, but I think next time I’m going to try a recipe I just read today in my new cookbook {thanks, Dad!} I added some Italian seasoning/spices to the dough also. Then, I covered the dough with Olive Oil, and we pressed out our pizza crust. Then, Eugene sprayed the grill with cooking spray, got it nice and warm, and then we placed the dough on the hot grates.

 IMG_0674

We both agreed that next time we need to make our dough thinner – it was good, but definitely more deep-dish ish.

IMG_0675

Eugene watched them carefully, and when the bottom was seared with nice brown marks, he flipped them over.

IMG_0676 

Next came the toppings, and I read a tip online that when it comes to grilled pizza toppings, less is best. {We also found this to be true.}

IMG_0677

Added sauce, cheese, pepperoni.

IMG_0678

Then, we shut the lid to the grill and let it cook more {remembering to check it frequently to make sure it didn’t burn.}

IMG_0680

Soon enough, they looked like this, and we popped ‘em off the grill and onto our plates. We used a melted butter with garlic in it as a dipping sauce, which was fab. Yum. Not to mention the huge plus that we never had to turn on our oven so our house didn’t get 100+ degrees…praise!

IMG_0681

Oh, and just for kicks. Remember me saying the dog likes to sleep completely under our bed?

IMG_0683

Last night he tried to get himself under the loveseat to sleep too! Goofball.

  signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...