Thursday, July 1, 2010

BLTs with the rents.

My parents drove to my place last night and brought the fixins to make BLTs for dinner.  I think BLTs make the perfect summertime meal. We had juicy tomatoes with peppered bacon and mac n’ cheese. Hit the spot for sure.

I convinced my mom to take the Love Languages test {we’re doing the Five Love Languages book for our small group study.} And she scored pretty high on 3 out of the 5 love languages…guess that means she’s super loveable! Dad, however, could not be convinced to take the test. But he did promise {and I do NOT forget promises} that he’d take it eventually.

I cut some daisies, day lillies, and other flowers to put around the house before the rents arrived, and Mom {a woman after my own heart} brought me a huge bouquet of flowers from her garden and a bunch of lavender to dry.

image

I’m so glad this week’s almost in the books because Eugene has been working basketball camp from 8am – 11pm, and tonight he’s finally going to be home at a decent hour. {Praise!} Another interview for him today also. I’m really eager {to say the least} to see where God places him.

Oh, and I also got word that my good friend from college got engaged yesterday! {She’ll be in white for the next picture!}

SDC12801

Congrats to the soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. – such an exciting time!

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...