Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I love lobster.

Yesterday, with the encouragement of Eugene {thank you}, I took the day off from work. Plus, we didn’t have any plans – amazing! So we slept in a bit, then met my best friend, Libby, and her husband, Scott, to go swimming a his neighbor’s pool. Three hours outside with the sun shinning and a pool to dip my feet in…such a wondrous thing.

IMG_0917b 

I love spending time with these two friends {plus the itty bitty baby inside Lib!} We don’t get much time together, but the little we had yesterday was wonderful. True friends are such a blessing from God.

On our way home, we stopped to get another free {thanks to the Shumaker’s!} Papa Murphy’s pizza. We baked it at home and savored each piece {well, probably more like devoured, not savored} while watching Season Two of 24.

0727101818a

Then we went to the golf course down the road to hit some balls, but unfortunately the driving range was closed. We still putted & chipped some…I think I improved {very slightly maybe} on my game. ;)

Finally, when we were getting ready to go to bed, I was asked to put some lotion on my husband. He didn’t seem to care when I told him while we were at the pool when we had this discussion:

Me: “Wow, your freckles are really coming out.”

Him: “Oh yeah?”

Me: “Ok, now you’re really burning. Did you bring the sunscreen?”

Him: “Yeah, but it doesn’t matter. It’s fine.”

*Fast-forward 8 hours. {It actually looks worse in person}*

IMG_0921

Him: “Oh {cry} my skin hurts so bad {sniffle} can you please help me {whimper}!”

Me: I love you, Lobster.

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...