Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A proven Father.

Eugene & I spent the evening yesterday talking through various job decisions we have to make. It’s been an extremely stressful year when it comes to employment for us, but each day we’ve been provided for – thankfully – and we’ve learned to never take that for granted. We’re facing choices, opportunities, risks, sacrifices, and the unknown. But I read yesterday:

“To recognize God as Lord is to acknowledge that he is sovereign and supreme in the universe. To accept him as Savior is to accept his gift of salvation offered on the cross. To regard him as Father is to go a step further. Ideally a Father is the one in your life who provides and protects. That is exactly what God has done.

God has proven himself as a faithful father. Now it falls on us to be trusting children."

This is by Max Lucado, Safe in the Shepherd’s Arms {bold script is my added emphasis.}

The next chapter of the book is on how God leads us. Um, yeah, it’s written for me and for this moment in my life. {Thanks, God, for the words!}

“He leads us. He tells us what we need to know when we need to know it...

God is leading you. Leave tomorrow’s problems until tomorrow...

God is not going to let you see the distant scene either. So you might as well quit looking for it. He promises a lamp unto our feet, not a crystal ball into the future (Psalm 119:105). We only need to know that he leads us and "we will find grace to help us when we need it" (Hebrews 4:16)...

We need to hear that it’s not over until he says so. We need to hear that life’s mishaps and tragedies are not a reason to bail out. They are simply a reason to sit tight."

“Sitting tight” is not my thing. I don’t enjoy it one bit. But, it’s what I need to do, and it’s what faith does.

IMG_0547

Oh, and my precious pup melted my heart last night. I was being my pitiful self and was crying last night, and do you know what, my pup walked up to me {I was sitting on the floor} and licked both my eyes! He wiped the tears from my eyes…literally! Made me smile instantly. {Wondrous thing.} My pup’s a real blessing.

   signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...