Thursday, December 2, 2010

The stocking are hung.

After the Ohio State vs. Michigan game, Eugene & I decided to deck the halls. Here’s a pic from earlier that day…yes, we’re a house divided, but we make it work. ;)
IMG_6605
Eugene’s decided that once we own a house, we’ll get a “real” Christmas tree, but for now, we just borrow an  one from his parents since they have an extra {thanks!}
Poor thing looked so sad, half put together!
IMG_6606
Next came the lights…
IMG_6611  
And then the ornaments {I added another box of ornaments after I took this picture too.}
IMG_6612
IMG_6716
For our wedding gift, my sister gave me such a neat Christmas ornament set that she pieced together item by item to fit with a note explaining the significance:
According to the old German tradition, the tree of a newlywed couple should include these twelve ornaments to insure blessing and happiness for their life together…
  • an angel  for God’s guidance in the home
  • a rose for beauty and affection
  • a rabbit for hope and faith
  • a teapot for hospitality
  • a pine cone for motherhood and fruitfulness
  • a santa for unselfishness and goodwill
  • a house for shelter and protection
  • a fruit basket for generosity
  • a bird for happiness and joy
  • a flower basket for good wishes
  • a heart for true love
  • a fish for Christ’s blessing
Here’s the big gold heart ornament…
IMG_6711
And my favorite of all, the fish…
IMG_6707
I love that I have all these beautiful ornaments on our tree & I love the meaning behind each one – not to mention the fact that they were a gift from my sister on our wedding day. :)
After Christmas last year, Eugene & I bought stockings on clearance, so I was excited to actually hang stockings this year {it’s the little things in life!}
IMG_6609
And the stockings with the {not-so-real-looking} garland. One for Eugene, Espn, & me.
IMG_6613
I guess the pup’s not too excited about the decorations…this is how I found him 20 minutes after we got home from my parents’ place. He gets so worn out from their big yard!
IMG_6679
Next on the list is to hand stitch our names on our stockings using embroidery floss & to sew a tree skirt {someday}.
Oh, and in keeping with the Christmas spirit, I love this Christmas song by Jars of Clay.
signature3

1 comment:

  1. I like the story behind the ornament set from your sister! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...