Friday, December 10, 2010

Cranberry Orange Bread.

Two days ago, I decided to finally use up the leftover cranberries I had from my FABulous Pretzel & Cranberry Topped Sweet Potato Casserole {it was impressive how long the berries lasted.}

I used the recipe from here, but I doubled it & changed it slightly {as always.} Turned out pretty well! It was a nice change in pace from the typical banana or pumpkin bread recipes I usually gravitate towards.

IMG_7224

Cranberry Orange Bread

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 cup sugar
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 egg
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • Grated peel of 1 orange
  • 1 orange diced
  • 4 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
  • 4tablespoons hot water
  • 2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries

    IMG_7017

In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.

IMG_7020

IMG_7021

In another bowl, beat egg.

IMG_7023

Next, you’ll want to grate your orange peel…

IMG_7025

IMG_7028

Then, to your egg mixture, add your orange juice, peel, butter and hot water & mix well.

IMG_7029

IMG_7031

Add in your flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.

IMG_7034

IMG_7037

At this point, I sliced my cranberries in half – not sure if this was necessary, but it seemed to work out fine.

IMG_7032

I also diced my orange now…

IMG_7033

Gently fold in cranberries and walnuts.

IMG_7038

Spoon into greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes {at least, mine took quite a bit longer} or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

IMG_7041

Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.  

IMG_7220

IMG_7226

IMG_7225

The bread is a nice fresh, citrusy breakfast perfect with a cup of hot black tea.

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...