Friday, December 24, 2010

Harry Potter

Merry Christmas Eve! Here’s the last post from our vaca in Orlando. While driving to Universal, we saw lots of hot air balloons starting to rise early in the morning. I snapped this from the back seat of a moving van. :)

IMG_7527

The Harry Potter part of the park was really cool {yeah, call me a dork.} Eugene’s sisters and brother love the books, so they were pumped to see the story line and details come to life.

IMG_7518

The wait was outrageous {I’m talking wait 1 1/2 hours just to get a ticket saying you could come back 3 hours later!} But since we arrived first thing in the morning, we didn’t have to wait long at all.

IMG_7528

IMG_7530

IMG_7533

IMG_7535

The ride was my absolute favorite of the park. You’re moved in a cart up, backwards, back, spin, and fly through the land of Harry Potter – through the whomping willow tree, a quidditch match, huge spiders spit at you, & more. All the details were real features too – not just images on a screen – that you zoomed by almost close enough to touch with your hand.

IMG_7536b

IMG_7537

IMG_7538

Of course, we had to stop for some butterbeer…

IMG_7532

IMG_7540b

 IMG_7543

If you’re a Harry Potter fan, I’m sure you’ll recognize the rest of the pictures…

 

IMG_7544 

IMG_7552

IMG_7545 

IMG_7549 

 IMG_7553

IMG_7557

 IMG_7559

This was my favorite part of the park. They had shops with candy from the books, practical joke toys, wands, prefect badges.

Merry Christmas Eve to all! So many traditions and family times for us on Christmas Eve. I love my family {so much!}

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...