Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I love Lucy.

I can’t believe I forgot to post the pictures of the I Love Lucy tribute that we visited in Universal during our Orlando vaca a few weeks ago.

IMG_7579

I’ve been a crazy fan of the show I Love Lucy since I was a little girl. I’m not sure why, but I’m drawn to the honest hilarity, slapstick comedy, and the over-the-top acting by Lucille Ball. She mesmerizes me, along with millions of people all over the world, from the moment that black & white heart is drawn on the show’s first scene.

Universal Studios had a small museum/tribute with some artifacts and awards from the show’s past. If you’re a fan like me, you’ll find this interesting too {if not, just come back for a new post tomorrow!}

I find Lucille Ball incredibly gorgeous & totally original…

IMG_7583

Here’s some of Lucy’s costumes for the show….

IMG_7584

Hand-marked script of a show…

IMG_7586

There were two walls full of awards and recognitions. When you read about the impact this show had on our country, even the world, it’s pretty amazing. {For example, the show’s dubbed into more than 22 different languages, showed an interracial couple, was named by TV Guide as the most important television series of all time, showed a woman pregnant – although they never said the word “pregnant” on the show.}

IMG_7580

The set layout and camera arrangement were cutting edge at that time…

IMG_7582b

This makes me crave a little candy factory & vitameatavegemin! Oh, I love Lucy {so much!}

signature3

Facts from http://www.lucy-desi.com/news/ill_facts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...