Monday, November 1, 2010

A hallowed eve weekend.

I had a lovely weekend. It began with a great reunion of sorts as my teammates & I gathered to watch the Wittenberg vs. Juniata volleyball match. Some of us met early for some dinner.

IMG_5022

Then the rest of us grouped together in the stands & talked about how much we wished we could play in the match again & laughed hard at stories remembered. ;) {I love these girls.}

IMG_5024b

The first game was a flop for Witt, but the Tigers quickly retaliated and defeated Juniata the next 3 straight games.

IMG_5028

IMG_5089b

The student section gave a enthusiastic roller coaster ride demo during a time out…

IMG_5046-vert

After the game my teammates & I spent a few hours catching on on all the details we’ve missed since our last time together.

Saturday morning, I watched another Witt volleyball win, and then worked a busy wedding later that evening. Sunday was time with the 2 year-olds at church, celebrating All-Saints Day on hallowed eve {betcha didn’t know Halloween started with a Christian holiday}, open housing {no luck}, caramel corn making, family birthday partying, & sunset admiring.

IMG_5218{Recipe to come later this week.}

There was an intense competition of “Minute to Win It” games among the men & women at the family birthday party. Eugene just barely won in the race to get a penny from the bottom of panty hose using only one hand in each panty hose leg. That’s talent! {Sarcasm intended}

IMG_5229-tile

I lucked out & got Becca’s name for birthday gift exchange, so I framed two of the photos I took for her. I love how they turned out!

IMG_5211

Eugene pulled the car over on the way home from the birthday party {like the great husband he is} and let me take a picture of this beautiful fall sunset.

Lamentations quote

"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23

God is good. Onto another work week…but this one ends with a trip to see my niece & sister! :)

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...