Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A tough loss & a divine romance.

Eugene’s JV college basketball team played a rough game last night. At one point in the second half, they were up by ten, only to lose the lead with 20 seconds remaining in the game.

IMG_5279

After two “un-clutch” {as my husband would say} missed free throws by his players which would have tied the game, they lost by just one point. But wait, it gets better. All this to find out after the game that there was an error made by the score book keeper…in actuality the score should have been tied! {Ugh!} So overtime should have been played, but instead a loss goes down on their record. {Such a bummer!}

On a happier note, the weather this week is such a wondrous thing. It’s sunny & warm {especially for Ohio} and it makes for great walks at sunset.

IMG_5980

One reason I really love photography is because it causes me to look at the world around me in pictures. I see so many more beautiful sights just because I stopped to shoot something along the way. For example, I grabbed my camera to take as Espn & I went on an evening walk at dusk. I saw the bold sunset {above} and stopped to shoot. Three frames later, I realized the tree I was shooting behind was full of bright blue berries. I would have never even noticed the tree, let alone the pretty berries if I hadn’t stopped to take a picture of the sunset.

IMG_5983 

God’s such a great artist & I love that he courts us with His many masterpieces.

IMG_5982

This reminds me of a song I love. I listened to it every day on a trip I took to Spain.

Lyrics:
The fullness of Your grace is here with me
The richness of Your beauty’s all I see
The brightness of Your glory has arrived
In Your presence God, I’m completely satisfied
For You I sing I dance
Rejoice in this divine romance
Lift my heart and my hands
To show my love, to show my love
A deep deep flood, an Ocean flows from You
Of deep deep love, yeah it’s filling up the room
Your innocent blood, has washed my guilty life
In Your presence God I’m completely satisfied

I am so thankful that we get to participate in a Divine Romance with Him.

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...