Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A big debut win.

In his first ever appearance as a head coach, Eugene walked away with a big “W” against Rio Grande on the scorebook. Last year, the JV team only won two games all season, plus the last time they played Rio, they lost badly. Not so this time…a close game throughout, Rio & the Jackets went back & forth for the lead until the last 2 minutes of the game when Eugene’s team broke away with enough points to secure their victory. The girls were surprised & elated at their unexpected win.  We’re doing another devotion meeting tonight, so it’ll be fun to hear their reactions to the game.

A little pre-game coaching…

IMG_5239

Handing out instructions during a clutch timeout…

IMG_5244

Free throws…

IMG_5245

Team unity…

IMG_5264

Yup, he’s mine… :)

IMG_5288

Check out that score! I noticed even some of the fans were {pleasantly} surprised by the win…

IMG_5291

For His glory – a prayer with their opponents after the game…

IMG_5297b 

I really enjoyed watching the game because, since I do devotions with the girls once a week, I’ve gotten to know their personalities some & it’s great to see them play a sport they love { not to mention that I think the coach is amazing!}

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...