Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Baby Griffin’s shower details.

As I mentioned yesterday,  this past Sunday the other ladies in my small group & I threw baby Griffin & his momma a shower at our church.

See the guests of honor {by guests, I mean the baby bump & mommy-to-be}…

IMG_6216

We went with a blue & green theme because Libby’s decorating her nursery in those colors. I lucked out with some great ladies who wanted me to plan it all & delegate. They were willing & oh-so-helpful, so the shower turned out great! Sarah made the tissue paper poms for the decor. {You can find tutorials on how to do it online, like this one from good ole’ Martha.}

IMG_6214

I just love how bright & airy the tissue poms are!

IMG_6233

IMG_6212

For the food we went light because it was at 2:30 in the afternoon. I tried my hand at Bakerella’s cake pops {I’ll post more on those another day} which were a big hit & we had sour cream & onion chips {green part of the theme}, popcorn, chocolate covered pretzels, fresh fruit, chips and dip, and a candy buffet. I also used my favorite go-to punch recipe & froze some ginger ale in a bunt pan with some blue food coloring so the ice block turned the punch green & blue. :)

IMG_6217

IMG_6203

IMG_6196

Aren’t the little “hello baby” signs cute?! A little work on my computer & I just printed them off nice & easy!

IMG_6218

IMG_6195

The pretzel rods were a lucky thought because I just happened to have leftover almond bark from the cake pops.

IMG_6199

I loved the bright colors in the mini candy buffet!

IMG_6224

We also used a picture from Libby’s maternity photo shoot {done by another small group wife} to decorate.

IMG_6232

When Libby’s guests arrived, we asked them to sign a children’s book on the gift table that we later gave to her as a gift. The book was “He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands” by Kadir Nelson – beautiful pictures, great message. I actually bought it at a Garden Ridge in Tulsa.

IMG_6205 

We decorated the gift table with some garland, balloons, & poms.

IMG_6236

Here’s the beautiful mommy near the gift table.

IMG_6237

I’m not a shower game type of person, so luckily, another small group wife took on that task. Here’s Emily explaining one of the activities – she passed out cute little cards {blue & green scrapbook paper} and asked us to write words of encouragement, scripture, or helpful hints on the cards for Libby.

IMG_6241

She then put all the cards into a cute homemade photo album so that Libby can turn to them anytime {Libby’s love language is Words of Affirmation, so this was great!}

IMG_6282

IMG_6281

Here’s some friends getting some sweets.

IMG_6244

Libby got some great gifts for baby Griff & she said she felt very “showered” by all her friends at the church. :)

IMG_6273

And finally, here’s a group pic of the wives in our “Cleaver’s” newlywed small group.

IMG_6287

They were such a help making the shower possible & I’m so thankful it all came together so well & that Lib was happy with it!

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...