Friday, September 10, 2010

Rollin’ around in the leaves.

On our lunch walk yesterday, Espn realized that he loves the Fall too. I think he likes the crunch of the leaves because he spent a long time just rollin’ around in the dried leaves.

IMG00096

After he’d roll once, he’s sniff around for a new fresh, un-crunched spot to roll around again. Needless to say, I had to brush him off well before we went back inside because he was covered in dried crumbled leaves. :)

IMG00097

He was in bliss.

Two things are on my mind today:

“Each morning when I open my eyes I say

to myself; I, not events, have the power to

make me happy or unhappy today. I can

choose which it shall be. Yesterday is

dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I

have just one day, today, and I’m going to be

happy in it.” - Groucho Marx

and the verse from Isaiah 42:16 that says:

16 I will lead the blind
by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths
I will guide them; 
I
will turn the darkness
into light before them 
and make the rough places smooth
T
hese are the things I will do; 
I will not forsake them.

I’m challenged today to be happy in it. To sit quietly while He leads me along unfamiliar paths and guides me into light.

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...