Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chicken nacho bake.

We tried a new recipe last night – chicken nacho bake. {Why do I always spell it natcho?} It turned out pretty good, and we agreed that’s it can go in the “make again” pile.

I found the recipe on Kraft’s website and I simplified it to just four ingredients & didn’t make the rice dish. {I’m pretty low on energy this week!}

Chicken Nacho Bake for two

2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup of salsa
Tortilla chips
Shredded cheddar cheese

IMG_2717

First, preheated the oven to 400 degrees. Next, I made a foil packet & placed my chicken in the center. Then I poured the salsa on the chicken & baked it for 20-25 minutes.

 IMG_2714

Sorry, I think the pictures look pretty unappealing. Chicken sometimes has that effect on me.

Once it’s baked through, {I sliced mine open to check that there’s no more pink in the chicken}, then you bring it out of the oven, open the packet & add some crumbled tortilla chips on top of the chicken.

IMG_2716

After the chips, you add your cheese.

IMG_2718

Bake five more minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Top it with sour cream & serve it up! We had it with some white rice.

IMG_2722

We both agreed that our favorite part was the chips, so I’m trying to think of a way to have the whole thing coated in chips, but still include the salsa. Hmm. Oh, and we’re using our leftover chicken to make chicken burritos tonight. {Gotta love multi purpose meals!}

I had a meeting for work last night, so we didn’t end up eating until 8 or so. I’m ready for things to settle down some – not sure when that will be though.

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...