Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Another amazing day off.

Oh how foreign it felt to have two days off in a row! And {wondrous thing} I get to have two days off in a row again next weekend! {September 11th isn’t be best date to have a wedding or event.}

Sunday, Eugene’s grandma generously gave me an old grapevine wreath and some silk flowers she had just laying around. I’ve been wanting to make a new Fall wreath & at the cost of FREE, this was definitely something I could handle!

I’ve never made a wreath before, but it seemed pretty cut & dry {no pun intended.} So here’s the before…

 IMG_2567

The flowers she gave me came in a bunch, so I just used some wire cutters/pliers to snip off each individual flower.

IMG_2568

I was going to use some hot glue, but I {happily} realized that all I needed to do was to simply push the wire of the flower down into the grapevine and it would stay secure.

IMG_2569

I decided to leave the top portion of the wreath mainly bare, stuck some cattails in the bottom for some extra texture & added some little yellow fake flowers to the edges so the wreath didn’t look perfectly round.

IMG_2570

And here’s the after shot…

IMG_2571

I like it! Nice & festive for the season…now I just need some mums planted outside!

IMG_2573

After I finished pretending to be Martha Stewart, we took our lovely bikes {best wedding present ever!} on a long ride to Eugene’s grandparents house & back. The weather was beautiful…a tad bit windy which made it a tougher ride, but so gorgeous!

IMG_2575

Then we headed to my parent’s place for a steak dinner. Fabulous. {So delicious.} And finally, we headed to Cedarfest…the best fireworks around other than Red, White & Boom. Seriously, it’s surprising how great the fireworks are – probably lasted every bit of 20 minutes!

IMG_2592-tile

Did ya know, Cedarville is the “birthplace of Labor Day”? Fascinating, isn’t it.

We met up with Espn’s godparents {no, I’m not kidding} & enjoyed catching up with them. And Espn was super pumped to see them again – you can’t tell it from this picture, but just use your imagination.

IMG_2589

The pup did great with all the fireworks until the grand finale when he climbed into my lap and got a little freaked.

IMG_2602

Oh what a wonderful weekend. I miss it already!

signature3

1 comment:

  1. Love your wreath! It's great how you can take some recycled odds and ends from Grandma and make them into something beautiful!

    Visiting from Melissa's Fall Nesting Party.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...