Thursday, April 15, 2010

We were rich!

SDC14040
How funny is this? Last night we were given free box seat tickets to the Cedarville Baseball game at the Dayton Dragon’s Stadium…and free vouchers for food. Lol. Now, keep in mind it was for a little hot dog, chips, and a drink, but nonetheless, we at dinner at the ballpark! Not quite what I had in mind – I was thinking soft pretzel, lemon chill, sausage, etc – but hey, next time I’ll be more specific! God’s so cool.

 SDC14041

We enjoyed the game and beautiful weather. We seriously thought Eugene might have to be the ump, but luckily they were able to get two guys to hustle over to the field last minute. I really enjoyed cheering the guys. The team’s made up of some really great guys – their momma’s should be proud!

SDC14042b

We had some quality time in the car, riding to Dayton, to talk about possible questions that Eugene might face in his upcoming interview. {Lord, please let him get that job! } We also were able to talk more about our pending decision. I’m thankful for his calmness and clear thinking despite the stress. I have a tendency to get a bit emotional when I mix stress with decisions. ;)

 SDC14043

I wasn’t able to sleep at all last night. Too much on my mind, but it’s okay. I was given great advice this morning from my sister – definitely worth posting so I remember it later:

“   there comes a time
when you have to trust
rather than fear   ”

Just a few sermons ago, I distinctly remember Pastor Mounts saying, trust takes the plunge  and destroys fear. Good reminder for this week. Thanks, Casey.

Wondrous thing yesterday = a text from my good friend Melissa saying she’s praying for me. Loveit. {so much.}

Oh, and the strawberry update {as if you were waiting on the edge of your seat for it}, delicious smoothies.

IMG00025 

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

4-5 {more or less} fresh strawberries, washed
1 banana
1/2 c. vanilla yogurt {or another flavor}
3 Tbs milk {just a splash}
3-4 ice cubes

Throw it all in the magic bullet cup, no need to cut anything. Blend it, shaking the magic bullet to chop the ice easier. Add a straw and slurp it up.

signature3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...