Monday, April 5, 2010

He is risen indeed!

Busy,  busy weekend. Friday after work, Eugene and I went to his parents’ house to enjoy a lasagna dinner and an evening bonfire.

SDC13965 

Our entertainment for the night was Eugene’s brother, who decided to rise to the challenge of catching a marshmallow shot from a gun {made for shooting mallows} on the deck in the dark. IK, pretty impressive!

SDC13960

SDC13961

SDC13964

Ah, the face of victory!

Saturday, I woke up early, cleaned {or at least attempted to} the condo, ran outside with the pup, made some wall art for our bedroom, and then headed in to work a wedding reception at 2:30. The reception ended early {wondrous thing!}, so I relaxed with Eugene Saturday night at our place.

Sunday was a blessed Easter…making green bean and corn casserole, pineapple cream cheese dip, going to church, then Aunt Jane’s, then Grandma Dottie’s, and then Shumaker’s. Whew! I had to take a picture of the food at Aunt Jane’s, because the smorgasbord is just unreal:

SDC14013

SDC14012 
I love celebrating the hope of Easter with my family. :)

My two dishes turned out ok. I probably won’t make the green bean and corn casserole again {not even going to list the recipe}, but it was perfect for what I had on-hand. And the dip was really good – got some positive compliments on it too!

Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip

2 blocks of cream cheese {I used fat free}
1 can of crushed pineapple
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup {or more} almonds

Drain the pineapple, and blend the pineapple and cream cheese together {I used our Magic Bullet.} Stir in cheddar cheese and almonds. I served it with sliced French baguette bread and whole wheat Ritz crackers. YUM!

SDC14011 
We took some pictures of our little family – I’ll post those tomorrow because this post is already massive. Monday’s are always hard for me; I hate going back to work, but this Monday was especially hard. I dream of the day when we don’t have to work!

Wondrous thing today, well, it’s beautiful out. We’re talkin’ Summer weather here, not April 4th Ohio weather. I can feel the breeze from the door I opened outside my office, and I am being continually consoled by the smell of hyacinth flowers {I stole  cut two from the planted area by our condo sign!}

SDC14016 
God is a great romancer!

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...