Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A little disappointed, and a lot confused.

First, and most important, Happy Birthday to my sister! I love you & I’m so glad you were born today 29 years ago! Maybe your little girl will be born today as a gift to you on your birthday. :)

***

Ok, on to explain the title of this post. On Monday, two different people said “Be still and know that I am God.” I’m trying my hardest to have patience right now. Trying to be still. Trying to rest in the fact that I know He is God.

We’re still waiting to hear if Eugene will get the job offer, and yesterday, we were told that the sellers of the house aren’t going to accept our offer. {Stink!} We prayed that God would shut the door if it wasn’t the direction He wanted us to head, so, the door is shut. Now, I’m just a bit {or a ton} confused about what our next step should be. Which way should we turn? No clue. God’s been so hit-me-over-the-head-with-it obvious for us this past year, so right now, I’m just a little confused. I’m not being hit with anything. Well, guess that leaves me to be still. Be patient. And rest in what I do know.

I read this on a blog this morning, and it’s exactly what I’m feeling {especially the parts I made bold}:

My own body is fighting off a cold and my mind is fighting off anxiety. My spirit has been sweetly redeemed by Jesus, but my mind still hasn’t caught up. And so I set it on truth, over and again. In some ways it has taken hold; in other ways I’m still waiting.

Sometimes I fight the rhythm of this God-breathed life. I try to force it smooth and shiny even though I should know better than that by now. I wheeze and cough my way through it, struggling against the tempo He has set. Today, I choose to receive His way of things, to breathe in this day as from His hand. It is really the only way to peace."

On a completely different topic, this week has been cooler weather. I made turkey noodle soup, just because it sounded comforting. After Thanksgiving, or whenever we have a turkey, my dad and I {mainly my dad} boil the turkey that’s left over {bones and everything} down for a few hours. It leaves us with a great broth & the meat falls off the bone. So then we freeze ziplock bags of broth and pulled turkey meat. It’s perfect for cool days when you want soup without the work of cooking the turkey. You can basically put whatever veggies you’re feeling into the soup. Oh, and these noodles are a must!

Turkey Noodle Soup

1 quart bag of turkey meat & broth {you could just use shredded turkey and broth if you don’t have this in your freezer}

1 1/2 cups of peas {I never measure, remember}

1 cup of corn

1/2 package of froze Reames noodles {these are AMAZING…just like homemade!}

Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder

1-2 carrots, diced

Thaw the frozen turkey meat and broth, then bring it to a boil on your stove. Add your carrots and seasonings, if you want them. Allow it to boil for a bit {maybe 20 minutes or so?} Add the frozen noodles, and continue to gently boil it until the noodles are tender {taste one and see if you can bite it and it’s not gross!} Mine took about 25 minutes. With about 10 or so minutes left, add your peas and corn.

SDC14121

Serve it up with some crackers or fresh bread. Perfectly soothing!

signature3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...