Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Trust & lean

It’s probably not a good time for me to write a blog entry. The only word I can think of is “OVERWHELMED.” That dumb word, that feeling, keeps circling me and hitting me like an annoying pestering fly today. I’m utterly confused and yeah, overwhelmed. That pretty much sums it up for today! But, I’m reminded of Proverbs 3.
Proverbs 3:5-18
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
       and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
       and he will make your paths straight.

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
       fear the LORD and shun evil.

8 This will bring health to your body
       and nourishment to your bones.

9 Honor the LORD with your wealth,
       with the first fruits of all your crops;

10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
       and your vats will brim over with new wine.

11 My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline
       and do not resent his rebuke,

12 because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
       as a father [b] the son he delights in.

13 Blessed is the man who finds wisdom,
       the man who gains understanding,

14 for she is more profitable than silver
       and yields better returns than gold.

15 She is more precious than rubies;
       nothing you desire can compare with her.

16 Long life is in her right hand;
       in her left hand are riches and honor.

17 Her ways are pleasant ways,
       and all her paths are peace.

18 She is a tree of life to those who embrace her;
       those who lay hold of her will be blessed.

I just keep begging God for his wisdom and direction for our lives. I’m pleading that he slams a door shut if we’re not supposed to go that direction. Or makes it obvious that we’re supposed to proceed. I desperately need clarity, and pray for His grace in this situation. And He is faithful, so I will keep believing.
On a lighter not {well, not lighter as in less calories!} I made nacho dip last night and we basically devoured it.
The thing about nacho dip is that it must be eaten right out of the dish. No plates, no silverware accepted. I promise, it tastes better this way {so much!}, and I’ve even converted Eugene to this style of feasting…just for this meal. He’s not going to be happy when he sees this picture! :)
SDC14039
He really likes this meal, most likely because it has bacon. He’ll eat anything with bacon.
SDC14035
Nacho Dip {recipe from my mom!}
*you can use as much of each ingredient as you want…adjust it to your tastes – Eugene would use 2 packages of bacon if he made it!
1 can of refried beans {I used fat free}
3/4 jar of salsa
1 cup of sour cream {or so…I didn’t measure}
1/2 cup {or so} of mayonnaise
1/2 head of lettuce
1 package of shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 package of bacon, cooked {I used turkey bacon)

SDC14037
Simple directions. Just spread you refried beans in a 9x13 dish, layer the salsa on top. Then mix together the sour cream and mayo, and layer it on top of the salsa – the salsa and sour cream will mix together some, but that’s fine. Then chop up your lettuce in bite-sized pieces and layer that on. Then your cheese, and finally your crumbled bacon. Devour with nachos using NO plates or silverware! ;)
SDC14036
 Yum, so delish and it’s definitely that dish that I get a craving for come Summer time.
signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...