Thursday, April 8, 2010

I think I spoke too soon.

What was I thinking? Never say things are settling down! Maybe they will stay constant and calm, but a few discussions with Eugene last night makes me think otherwise. I can’t go into much detail, but we may be making yet another life-changing decision sometime soon…we’ll see. Lovely time in our lives where all the big decisions are bunched together in a matter of months. Oh well. I saw a quote today that was perfect for how I feel right now:

“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God,” Corrie Ten Boom

Perfect. I also read in 2 Peter, that “God has given us everything we need for life and godliness.” Hear that? Everything. Rest on that!

Last night I tried the Pioneer Woman’s recipe Individual Scalloped Potatoes with Ham, and I think it’s a keeper. It was a lot more manageable and better portion control for just the two of us, than my usual crock pot edition. I didn’t work from the recipe, but I just read it the day before and did what I thought would work. So my attempt ended up something like:

SDC14020

Individual Scalloped Potatoes with Ham

3 potatoes, sliced
2-3 slices of ham, diced
6 tablespoons of 2% milk
butter {I used a lot less than she did in her recipe}
handful of cheddar cheese
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Add a little bit {maybe 1/3 pat} of butter to the bottom of sprayed muffin cups. Layer each cup with potatoes, ham, cheese, potatoes, ham, and cheese. Add about 1/4 pat of butter on top. Salt & pepper, and them pour on a tablespoon or so of milk to each cup. Bake until they are tender by sticking a fork in to test them. Ours took a little over 30 minutes, I think. {Mine actually got a bit crunchy b/c I turned up the temp. after 20 minutes to 400 because we were starving!}

SDC14021

Eugene ate his with sour cream, but I enjoyed mine plain. :) I think it would be good varied with bacon instead of ham, or with an egg broken in the cup for breakfast or brinner.

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...