Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pray as life speeds by.

I have a vague prayer request. Please pray that Eugene & I make wise & God-honoring decisions, and for God to make his path for our lives super obvious in the next few days. We’re {possibly} facing  a very big life decision {yet again…story of the 9 months of marriage we’ve had!}, and while I don’t want to share details right now, I would covet prayers for us.

He coached in Mechanicsburg yesterday, so it was just me at our small group meeting. We carefully discussed the topic of intimacy in marriage using a chapter in John Piper’s book This Momentary Marriage. Two things were mentioned that I think have good application to life in general:

  • Contentment is the antidote to the love of money and the antidote for all sexual sin. And I would even venture to take it further, saying that contentment is a great cure for many more issues and areas of sin in life.
  • “The goal is to outdo one another in giving what the other wants” {Romans 12:10 “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.”}

I bought the ingredients to make my mom’s nacho layered dip, and I’m really craving it. So expect the recipe soon! {Although, it’s a pretty common recipe.} Also, the Magic bullet’s back in action. Meijer had strawberries for $1 a carton! So, smoothies here I come!

P.S. I’m really thankful for all the hard work and time Eugene’s putting in to supporting our family. Between teaching, coaching, mentoring players, and helping with keeping our living going, he has had zero time for himself. And I appreciate it. I’m so thankful for him and what he gives to and for our family. {Hopefully he’s rewarded with a much-deserved job offer soon!}

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...