Monday, April 25, 2011

A whirlwind weekend.

Friday night was Cate’s first birthday party. It was such a blessing to have her in Ohio to celebrate it with her. :) Here’s baby Cate sharing some Grandma love…

IMG_1018

My sister wanted a Dr. Seuss theme, so with some online inspiration, we ended up with a super adorable party. I took so many pictures that I’m going to have to dedicate an entire post to the party details. :) But here’s a peak at little Miss “Thing 1” helping me decorate for the party…

IMG_1074

Oh, and Cate helped me send a couple emails while I worked from my parents’ place for a couple hours on Friday before the party.

IMG_1122

We had a lovely little family party for Cate & we even had four generations in the house…

IMG_1257b

Cate was pleased as punch the whole evening, that is, until she had to eat her birthday cupcake. Not a fan of the sticky, messy icing!

IMG_1193 

{Love it! }

Saturday was a bit relaxed as my sister and her little family visited my brother-in-law’s side. Baseball double header & a ticket for me. Yeah, a ticket. I got ticketed for “following too closely” because the car in front of me breaked quickly because they saw the cop. We were going a whopping 27 mph where the speed limit was 35 mph {Fabulous. Add it to the list.}

Anyway…

We gathered again for Easter Sunday. They joined Eugene & me in their adorable matching Easter outfits at our church.

IMG_1282

I joked with Eugene that I wish I were still a little girl so I could wear such super-cute Easter dresses & hats! I mean, honestly, she is just ridiculously cute!

IMG_1286 

And just cause I love this picture – here’s some real beauties…

IMG_1313

We enjoyed some praise & worship together for such a hopeful day {wondrous thing.} And Cate got a little cat-nap in before it was time to take her to our Aunt Jane’s {my namesake} for our family tradition of lots and lots of home cooked food, family visits, and a fun egg hunt for the kids.

IMG_1294 

This is just the desserts. Mmm, our family has some good cookin’!

IMG_1298

Cate got into some comfy clothes to be sure she was totally ready to rock the egg hunt.

IMG_1322

And she rocked it indeed, just look at her climbing over those barriers!

IMG_1337

IMG_1351

IMG_1344 

IMG_1366

IMG_1347

She even took home a kite, all part of the tradition. :)

IMG_1369  

She had such fun with the eggs! I know she probably won’t remember her first birthday party, or her first Easter, but we certainly will. I loved watching my sister smile with pure joy at her little girl laughing at big red balloons, playing with her second cousins, hugging her grandpa & grandma, and enjoying a long-standing family tradition. It’s great to see other people full of joy. {Gives me joy.}

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...