Friday, April 1, 2011

A great start.

Eugene’s team won their season opener yesterday against a good team from the Dayton area. And, his team didn’t just win, they run-ruled the other team. {All you non-baseball peeps out there, that basically means his team scored so many runs they called the game early because the other team didn’t have a chance to come back.}

Cause I love taking pictures & I love sports shots too, ya’ll are gonna have to look through bunches of baseball pics for a while.  P.S. If you stick with it, an exciting house update should be coming next week…hopefully.

Team huddle before the game…

IMG_0366

Infielders breaking from a huddle at the pitcher’s mound…

IMG_0376

First pitch…

IMG_0379

Espn trying to chew through a baseball…

IMG_0373  

A little pep talk at the mound…

IMG_0425

A good-lookin’ 3rd base coach… ;)

IMG_0395

Scoring the first run…

IMG_0398

And 13  more to follow…

IMG_0402  

The pup & I stayed in the press box for a while to warm up. He was intent on watching the game…

IMG_0434

They won 14-4 with a walk off home run to finish it off.

IMG_0416

IMG_0450

Eugene was so happy, and I was so happy because I can’t think of anyone more deserving of this start to his career as a head baseball coach.

IMG_0452

And to top it off, he was interviewed on a local radio station for their high school sports round up that evening…

IMG_0458

The last week has been a really rough one for us, but it was refreshing to have something like this to be happy about. I’m so proud of him.

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...