Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter egg flop.

First, I’ve had these on my desk all week. While we’re on the subject of things that I believe are going to be in Heaven, the smell of hyacinth is definitely at the top of the list. Lilac, hyacinth & doughnuts, Amen.

IMG_0916

Second, yesterday after work I went to look for my camera. I usually carry it in my purse, but for the last day or so it hasn’t been there. My thoughts went something like this, “Hmm, I think my camera’s on the kitchen table. Nope, hmm, maybe it’s…last time I saw it I was building that fireplace outsideohmygosh. Tell me it’s not been outside in the rain for 24 hours!” And it was.

image

And when I found it in the mud, it didn’t look like it did the day I bought it – that’s for sure. My brain must have taken a vacation day because I left my camera, which was over five hundred dollars, outside for two straight nights. One of which, I woke up sure that our basement would be flooded because of the terrible rain {it wasn’t, PTL}. Torrential downpour & standing water all over our backyard. I found my love camera under a chair that was blown over in our backyard. Devastated, I gave it a .01% chance of actually ever working again. I turned it on. Nothing. I changed the battery & a light flicked on but it still didn’t work. {Hope!} So I put the camera & lens into a huge bowl of uncooked white rice in hopes that it would soak up the water & maybe revive my friend camera. Oh, and I cursed the devil for messing with me again & prayed hard that God wouldn’t make me handle an expensive camera broken out of my stupidity.

You know what? God had mercy on my pour desperate soul & the camera worked perfectly this morning! :) Hallelujah! I can’t believe that it stayed outside through frost, tornado warning {or watch, I never know the difference}, lightening, inches of rain, and mud and still works! Amazing! Thank Heavens, because I honestly don’t think I could have handled that right now.

Onto less stressful items…

Don’t ask me why, but I decided to dye some eggs last night at 9:00 pm. {Weird… I know.} I tried a technique I saw online by the Martha where you use olive oil to create a marbleized design on your egg. It’s supposed to look like this…

image {image source}

Haha, well, as you probably gathered from the post title, mine didn’t quite turn out like that. Um, not even close! It’s okay though, I still have fun pretty eggs. Here’s some pics from the process…

IMG_0924

I was secretly happy that I could use my Fiesta Ware to color code the process {=nerd.}

IMG_0925

I was also happy to see that my egg carton gave me an encouraging Bible verse to get into the spirit of things {pun intended.} Check out the top right corner of the egg carton lid…who would have thought you’d see it on an egg container?

IMG_0927

Darn Martha led me astray. Or I’m too dumb to figure out her directions.

IMG_0929    IMG_0934

IMG_0937

These don’t look marbled. At all. Well, maybe the yellow one just a really tiny bit, but that doesn’t count in my book. {Big flop.}

IMG_0938 

But good news – I put the on my pretty newly re-found antique treasure & they made for a gorgeous Easter arrangement. So classically beautiful!

IMG_0942

IMG_0950 

You can kinda see the slightest marble below. Maybe.

IMG_0943  IMG_0949

IMG_0947

I love how beautiful they look with that bowl. Makes me smile!

P.S. Something else that makes me smile is seeing her in her pj’s

IMG_0952b

…and knowing I have a few more days to see her. :)

IMG_0962b

Love this girl & her momma.

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...