Monday, February 28, 2011

Progress.

Well, after right around 19 hours of painting this weekend, we have made some progress on the walls in the living room & kitchen. To be honest, I enjoyed about 15 of those hours of painting because I found it relaxing to trim & roll since it made my brain focus just on paint. It was a relief to relax my thoughts and shut off all the thinking for a few hours. But by hour 15, I started to get impatient and flat-out tired of painting {go figure.}

We’ve worked hard this week & despite the chaotic state of my house right now, I feel like we’ve made good progress. Since I’m a list-makin kind of girl, humor me while I spout off all our checks for this week {this makes me happy.} :)

  • Clean living room & kitchen walls
  • Clean living room, hallway & kitchen ceilings
  • Remove nails & curtain rods in living room & kitchen
  • Spackle & sand nail holes
  • Remove frame on half doorway ledge between kitchen & living room
  • Spackle & sand half doorway ledge
  • Paint two coats on kitchen ceiling
  • Paint in living room ceiling {bye bye sparkles!}
  • Paint hallway ceiling
  • Trim & prime kitchen walls
  • Trim & prime living room walls
  • Trim & paint first river reed coat in kitchen
  • Trim & paint second & last river reed coat in kitchen {halfway done}
  • Put the rooms back together

Yeah for progress!

So here’s some pics from this weekend. Here’s the messy state of our living room once ceilings were painted & walls were primed with the Problem Solving Primer I mentioned Friday. PS you can see some of my wondrous blooms in the pic below. More on those later this week. ;) It was funny to me how much larger the living room seemed once we covered over that awful deep maroon.

IMG_9425

Yikes. Whatamess.

IMG_9426

For the paint color in the kitchen, we used Olympic Premium {zero VOC} in River Reed. I’ve posted the pic of the lid with the color’s specifics fyi.

IMG_9430

IMG_9431

Oh, and I took some Young House Love advice and bought their highly recommended Premium XL Tight Spots 2″ Angle Short Handle Brush found at Sherwin-Williams for right around five bucks. And let me tell you, this baby was oh so worth it! I’m a cheapskate, but man this brush was nice! It really made it so much easier to trim a straight line.

IMG_9429

Um, got a little paint on your fingernail. {I’m a messy painter, there, I admitted it.} So here’s the River Reed first coat going on…

IMG_9432

Below is the first coat dried next to the white primed area I’ll be adding chalkboard paint to later {see my mood board for more explanation}.

 IMG_9446

Oh, and nothing like finding dog food in your paint pail. Mmmm.

IMG_9434

And here’s the two walls we did the second {and final} coat of River Reed on. I took this pic this morning, before the sun was fully risen, so the lighting’s a little rough, but you get the idea.

IMG_9449

I like the color, and I think I’ll really like it once we get rid of the hideous red faux brick vinyl flooring and paint the doors & trim white. Slowly but surely, we’ll get there. :)

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...