Thursday, February 3, 2011

An apple a day must go away.

I guess it’s about time for a kitchen update, huh. Well, prior to yesterday we had already made great progress on project de-uglify the kitchen. As I mentioned here, we took out the old appliances, installed our new stainless steel appliances.

IMG_8439   IMG_8492
          Cooktop before {above}                                               Oven after {above}

We also took off the cabinet doors on one section to create open shelving for our bright & happy Fiestaware dishes. I’m loving the look! Oh, and just FYI, the appliances are blue because we’re keeping the protective plastic on the outside until we finish working in the kitchen.

IMG_8490 

And now for the really exciting stuff… I attacked our wallpaper head-on yesterday. And I feel pretty confident that I was the winner of the match. :) My first victim was the kitchen. I couldn’t stare at the red & white check and baskets of apples, bird houses {not good for the bird phobia} and watering tins any longer.  Here’s a quality close up for ya…

IMG_8535

Eugene’s sister, the master picker, took to the walls first & removed most of the top layer in the dining area.

IMG_8521

Then I took my Piranha wallpaper removal scorer & concentrate liquid to the along with a lot of patience & muscle. The poor pup was so upset that I blocked him out of the kitchen.

IMG_8533

I have to admit, it was a very gratifying job!

IMG_8530  IMG_8531

After a couple hours of work, I am happy to say my kitchen is checker & apple-free! How about a few before & afters?

KITCHEN BEFORE:

IMG_4005before

IMG_6977before

KITCHEN AFTER: {we still have lots to change, but it’s the temporary “after”}

IMG_8545

DINING AREA BEFORE:

 IMG_4004before 

DINING AREA AFTER:

IMG_8552      

Ahh, {so much} better! We have lots more planned for the kitchen/dining area, but for now, I’m just thankful I don’t have to eat next to those apples anymore!

signature4

Linked to:

imageimage

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!! I would never have the guts for open shelving, but I love yours!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...