Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just call me Martha.

I have this problem. Anytime my husband’s away working, which he is frequently now that baseball season has started {he’s a head varsity coach}, I feel guilty sitting at home relaxing. So what do I do? I work.  It’s crazy, I know. And my husband tells me to relax all the time, yet I still feel this push to keep busy since he’s working so hard too. Needless to say, last night was a pretty productive evening! When I got home from work, Eugene & I took down the ceiling light fixtures in our kitchen.

IMG_9340

IMG_9344

IMG_9354

Then, I had to putty over & later sand the holes left in the ceiling from the light fixture.

IMG_9356

IMG_9357 IMG_9358

Once that was done, Eugene had to go to his first baseball practice as a high school head varsity coach. So I went ahead and started to clean the ceiling and walls in the kitchen to prepare them for paint. When I finished that, I got out our 5 gallon jug of new white ceiling paint, only to find it was a chunky mess. I then had to return it to Lowes, where they were kind enough to give me a new {more expensive} type of paint to replace the glopy stuff. Apparently, when we had the ice storm a while back they had a truck full of paint that froze and didn’t thaw correctly. Interesting.

Finally back home, I took a “break” to throw some balsamic chicken into the oven & started my first experience painting ceilings. It was nice that I didn’t have to worry about getting extra paint on the walls or the floors, since the floors will be replaced and walls repainted soon {hopefully!}

The dingy, dirty ceiling before {with the wall paint on it too.}

IMG_9360

Here’s the wet painted ceiling…

IMG_9371  

And I also read that if you wrap your wet roller in saran and put it in the refrigerator, it’ll last just fine for up to four days without needing to clean it. {Score!} Hopefully it works!

IMG_9376

And for the made-up chicken dish – hardly counts as a recipe – it’s thawed skinless, boneless chicken breasts with some salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese on both sides. Place it in a baking dish covered in plenty of foil.

IMG_9362

Pour on the balsamic vinaigrette dressing & wrap it up in a foil packet. Bake it at 375 for 40 or so minutes, or until it’s no longer pink.

IMG_9364

IMG_9365

IMG_9366

Bake it at 375 for 40 or so minutes, or until it’s no longer pink.

IMG_9374

I ate it with cold leftover green beans because I was too busy painting, but hopefully you have time to get warm sides to go with it! It’s even better when you marinate the chicken in the dressing for a few hours. :)

So painted ceilings and baked chicken…just call me Martha Stewart {ya know, minus the whole jail time thing!}

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...