Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Busy bee.

After work, Eugene was gone coaching a baseball game {they run-ruled the other team! I think everyone was a bit surprised!}, I was a busy bee. I took the pup out to play a bit in the sunshine. And it didn’t take him very long to find the {only} puddle filled with messy, ooey mud. Of course, a dog’s idea of heaven. So before I could stop him {mind you, I didn’t want to sacrifice my cleanliness to drag him out of the mud}, he was nose-deep in the brown wet dirt. With a mouthful of soggy grass, he’d shake his head playfully devious. He then proceeded to chew on the wet sod. Lovely.

0330101727a

I took him inside, toweled him off as best as possible, then decided to go run first, before I gave him the necessary bath. I ran for 25 minutes {I’m so stinkin out of shape}, and then marched the pup upstairs to the tub. And this is what remained after the shampooing:

SDC13950

Sick. Add to the to-do list…clean the bathroom.

Cleaned the tub. Cleaned myself {at this point I was just about as dirty as the muddy pup!} And started dinner.

My grandma Stalls called me the other week and explained a recipe she served for guests that day: Porcupine Meatballs. Interesting enough to try. I used ground turkey, but it would work with ground beef. And, I needed to use an egg, but since Eugene had the last egg for dinner the night before, I improvised with a splash of vegetable oil. Grandma used canned tomato soup as the sauce, but I tried it with cream of mushroom instead. Either would be good.

Porcupine Meatballs

1 lb. ground turkey {or beef}
1/2 c. oatmeal
1/3 c. white rice {I didn’t measure…just throw it in}
1 egg
ground black pepper
onion powder {generous amount}
garlic powder
1/2 c. beef broth
1 can of cream of mushroom soup

Mix meat, oatmeal, rice, egg, and seasonings with your hands in a large bowl.

SDC13951

Roll into small balls and place in hot skillet.

SDC13952

Brown meatballs on all sides {I left the lid on}, carefully turning as they cook.

SDC13953

Once the meat’s browned and fully cooked, add broth and soup. Carefully stir and simmer until all is warm. Serve with mashed potatoes, noodles, or some other starch.

SDC13954

Dog worn out. Jane exercised. Dog washed. Bathroom washed. Dinner made. Husband happy. LOST watched. Tuesday’s checklist complete. Like I said, I was a busy bee. :)

signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...