Friday, March 5, 2010

Oh, Friday, I've been waiting for you!

Ahhh. It's finally here! AND, I only have 2 hours of work this weekend, praise the Lord! Last night, I was a good wifey and got groceries for the little fam. {I'm thankful for Aldi.} Then Eugene and I feasted on Mongolian Beef Stir Fry. It was a bit too spicy in my opinion, but I'm a wimp for that stuff. Great flavor though. I cheated and used a flavor packet from Kroger. Eugene is anti-veggies, so he always just has meat & rice. I am almost the opposite - mainly all veggies with a little meat {and I ended up giving him 1/2 of my meat anyway because of the hotness!} Oh, and I wanted to do brown rice, but who the heck knew brown rice takes 45 minutes to cook, and white rice only 15. Needlesstosay, we were starving, so the white rice won. PS we have more than just pink Fiesta ware. I don't even like the pink ones but they're always on top!

Yeah, most of the meat got passed to Eugene...but tasty still!

He's such a daring eater. Not.

Mongolian Beef Stir Fry
  • steak slices
  • 2 T. vegetable oil
  • Mongolian Beef flavor packet
  • 1/2 c. water
  • some soy sauce
  • broccoli (cleaned & sliced)
  • carrots (cleaned & sliced)
  • white rice
I browned the sliced steak in about 2 T. of vegetable oil. I mixed the packet with the water and soy sauce, and added to the meat once it was browned. I simmered this until it reached the thickness I wanted. Meanwhile, I cooked the rice (2 c. water with 1 c. rice). And I boiled my veggies in a separate pan. Pile it together & enjoy! Easy enough.

Also, day one of no cereal is going just fine. We'll see how long I actually keep it up!

Tonight, we're going the Shumaker's for pizza. {Pizza is the Shumaker specialty that I've learned to love!} I'm looking forward to family time! I'm sure family time will be my wondrous thing, but I just watched two deer on a snowy hill in the sun from my desk at work, so I think that would qualify too. 0:)

xoxo,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...