Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Casey's view of the shower & Crispy Oven Chicken

Last night I tried a new recipe, and believe it or not, I actually followed the recipe! Eugene liked it, and said he hopes we have it again. We enjoyed "Crispy Oven Chicken" with canned garden green beans {thanks, Mom & Dad}, and baked sea salt potatoes {rub olive oil and sea salt on the potato before baking...simple enough, but it tastes like Red Lobster's potatoes.} Yum. Nothing crazy-extravagant by any means, but it was easy, tasty, and filling...and not too terribly unhealthy.

Crispy Oven Chicken

3 chicken breasts
1/4 c. milk {recipe called for whole milk, but I used 2%}
1/2 c. flour
black pepper
1 tsp. paprika
a few shakes of Webber's BBQ seasoning spice {my only addition to the recipe}1 c. crushed cornflake cereal
vegetable oil


First I dipped the chicken into the milk, using a fork to flip it to get both sides covered with milk. The next step was mix the flour, pepper, paprika, and BBQ seasoning on a plate. I then took the chicken from the milk and placed it on my flour plate - flipping to cover both sides.


Then the chicken goes back into the milk, and then into the crushed cereal. The final step is to drizzle vegetable oil on the breasts and bake {I used my pizza stone} at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, flip the chicken and bake for another 30 minutes.


I baked my potatoes on the pizza stone too, and they were done perfectly in the hour of baking. Finished product:

Eugene was busy grading until 11 last night, so besides bumping shoulders while watching LOST {which was a crazy episode, btw!}, we didn't get much QT, but I was happy to serve a good meal since he was starving once he got home at 7:30 from his scrimmage.

OH!, and I thought it'd be good to share some pictures from Casey's vantage point of the shower {thanks, Nichole for taking the pictures in Tulsa! How pretty is my sista...she's gonna be one hot momma!







Soon enough I'll be there to hold the baby girl, hug my sister, and see her and Dale bloom in their new roles as mommy and daddy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...