Friday, March 19, 2010

We made it to another Friday.

I felt like volleyball went really well last night. I'm not sure how the girls feel, but I can honestly say that I saw some huge improvements {like crazy big} in just two hours focused on setting. I'm especially thankful for my friend Julie's willingness to organize/promote it for me. She's so great - one of those women who just constantly shock you by all that they tackle and then amaze you with the beautiful and successful outcomes of each project. I'm thankful for the time and opportunity to coach again, and also for the provision God's offering through it. :)

Eugene's friends, Colby, TJ, and Lacy stopped by to watch The Office and visit. Espn was so stinkin bad though - he peed on TJ's leg! I can't believe he did it! TJ was a great sport, laughing, but still!

I'm thankful to have made it to another Friday. Another whirlwind week lived. Eugene and I are prompted to start considering another live-altering decision {I know, we've had a boat-load of these lately}! But we're {well he's doing better than I am} patiently waiting for more information. 

After work, we're going to my parents' house for dinner & to bake stuff for Casey's shower tomorrow. Granola bread and a special bundt cake. Recipes to follow! Woohoo!

A few verses that are my comfort this morning.

"I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me." Psalm 16:8

"I trust in the Lord for protection." Psalm 11:1


"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love." Romans 8:38, NLT

"But I will trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because You have rescued me." Psalm 13:5


How easy it is to forget how many times He's rescued me. I'm pretty pitiful - I need rescued so often! And I especially like the part in Romans 8 {that I bolded} that declares that my fears for today and my worries about tomorrow can't separate me from my God's love. I can just hear Beth Moore saying, "Oh somebody wants to say GLORY!!"

Another day of fighting fears and tears, but by His grace it's Friday. And another day full of His blessings.












(image from http://www.anacondasports.com/wcsstore/anaconda10/images/iv58l-n_med.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...