Thursday, July 28, 2011

Healthy-ish zucchini bread.

I used my mom’s awesome zucchini bread recipe, and one “healthy” recipe to create my own concoction.

IMG_4368

Luckily, it turned out really good, which is good because I’ve been craving this bread for weeks. ;)

IMG_4342

Here’s my recipe, but remember that never really measure things exactly:

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
2 1/4 {or so} shredded zucchini
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup white flour
3 t. salt {but next time I’ll use less}
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t.baking powder
1/2 c. chopped nuts
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. cinnamon

Here’s the ingredients, except I forgot the sugar & brown sugar.

IMG_4339

Beat the eggs until foamy. Beat in oil, sugar, & vanilla. Mix well.

IMG_4343

Mix in zucchini.

IMG_4341

In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together, then add to first mixture.

IMG_4348

Stir in nuts & pour into loaf pans. My special touch was to add some brown sugar & chopped pecans to the top of the loaves.

IMG_4352

IMG_4353

Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

IMG_4362

IMG_4364

While it’s still warm, top it with some margarine and serve it with a cup of hot green tea {or ice water since it’s 96 degree out!}

IMG_4369

I made it last night, and one loaf is already almost done. Even the window guy liked it – or maybe he just pretended to like it since we were paying him over $5,000!

signature4

1 comment:

  1. I just made your recipe for the blondies with the butterscotch chips. Very tasty !! I love your recipe section of your blog, and I also love how you change the recipes , I do the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...