Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chargers turned mirrors.

I’ve been holding on to these three gold chargers for months. I bought them a long time {last year sometime} ago on clearance for $2.48 a pop at Target. I knew they could be turned into something cool for wall décor, I just didn’t have a place or purpose for them…until now.

IMG_4331-horz

I stopped at Hobby Lobby & found the perfect sized craft mirrors for $3.99 for two {but I got two for 40% off and two for 50% off in two separate trips.} I also stopped to buy some glossy white spray paint that was on sale too. Those combined with my glue gun, and I was all set.

IMG_4334

I simply spray painted the front of the chargers white…

IMG_4335

IMG_4336

…hot glued the mirrors in place…

IMG_4370

IMG_4400

…and hung them above my bed. This is before I finished adding the mirrors.

IMG_4371

I realized that the off white lamps were pretty much a total clash. So I swapped lights with two I had by our gallery wall in our living room. Here’s the off white Ikea lamps moved to my $10 Craigslist dresser.

IMG_4377

And the white lights in the bedroom…

IMG_4401

Much better, don’t you think? Now I just need to find some bedside tables that work.

IMG_4403

I love the crisp white on the new dark teal paint. And I also love how it turned the room slightly dainty –the chargers/mirrors kind of look like doilies to me once I got them on the wall. It matches well with the rest of my house that has some antique/retro-ish touches thrown in for accents.

IMG_4404

And one last picture of the chargers turned mirrors in the new teal bedroom. Not too bad for about $15 for the whole deal!

IMG_4402

Oh, and we just ordered new windows for the whole house. We’re pretty excited to see the dramatic change once we replace the original {54 years old} windows. :)

signature4

1 comment:

  1. So cute ! I love how simple and very elegant those look. They don't even look like chargers.
    New windows!!! How exciting, I can't wait until the day i'm able to get new windows. please take lots of pictures. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...