Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A manly meal.

As I mentioned yesterday, I whipped up some Crockpot beef & potatoes for dinner during my lunch break. It took all of about 15 minutes to throw together. I’m not a big Crockpot cooker, but there are a few meals I prefer in the slow cooker thingy, and this is one that fits in that category for sure. It makes the house smell delicious all day, and you get really tender meat, great flavor, and it’s just as good the second day as leftovers.

Crockpot Beef & Potatoes

  • 1 frozen slab of steak, round roast, or other type of beef that’s appropriate for the Crockpot {this was a “thick top sirloin steak” courtesy of my dad’s freezer, aka Jim’s grocery.}
  • 3-4 potatoes
  • 1 packet of onion soup mix
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can of water
  • Dash of steak seasoning
  • Dash of Italian seasoning
  • Diced or baby carrots {I was out of carrots, but I LOVE them cooked in this dish.}

SDC14302

Spray your Crockpot with cooking spray, or use one of those handy-dandy liners. Clean, and cut your potatoes in cubes about 1” in size and layer on the bottom of your slow cooker. Add the carrots on top of the potatoes. 

SDC14304 

Season both sides the frozen meat with the two seasonings {add salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, if you so desire.}Lay the meat on top of the potatoes. 

SDC14306

SDC14303

SDC14305

In a separate small bowl, mix the onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, and 1 can of water using a fork until all the soup mix is dissolved {it’s okay if it’s still chunky}. Pour this on top of your meat, and it will drip down to the potatoes.

   SDC14309

Cover & cook on high for 5 hours {until the meat is no longer pink and is tender enough to pull with a fork.}

 SDC14310

Serve it up {careful, it’s super hot hot hot!} and enjoy this manly meal of meat & potatoes. :)

 signature3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...