Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Humming bird, brownie twist, and a hint.

I’ve been so so so busy lately – mainly with my new job. I’ve been pushing 55 hour weeks and driving 45 minutes there & back has been sucking lots of my time. But I’m very thankful for a job, and each day it seems to get a bit better and I get a bit less overwhelmed. In fact, today I took a break for lunch {my first in the 2 1/2 week’s I’ve been there.} It’s not that they don’t let me take breaks, I just feel like I have so much to accomplish that I’d rather just work through.

All that to say that the blog’s been a suffering because all of my time’s been spent at work which equates to no time to work on house projects and no life updates and no time to edit pics or write a blog post. I’m alright with it though. I’m sure it’ll get better.

Okay, so here’s a random, short, weird post for ya though.

Here’s a pic of a humming bird at Eugene’s parents’ place, through their sliding glass door. I tried to get closer pics, but once I stepped outside they were no where to be found.

IMG_4801-horz

And I made a creative twist on some boxed brownies last night. I had to lead a full staff meeting for the employees I manage at work, and these chocolate peanut butter brownies were a pretty big hit.

IMG_4808

Super complicated recipe. Not.

Make the boxed brownies, melt about 1/2 cup of peanut butter in the microwave, drizzle the peanut butter into the brownie batter in straightish lines, use a knife to marble the batter/peanut butter, bake like normal, and enjoy. It’s that easy.

IMG_4809

I lined the brownie pan with foil that I sprayed with cooking oil. I learned this baking the America’s Test Kitchen Blondies. Makes it super easy to lift the brownies out of the pan, slice & serve.

IMG_4810

Lastly, I have a huge, uber exciting post on a big house update coming soon. Here’s your hint. :)

IMG_4839

Nope, it’s not about the pup. {He’s still the same goofy dog that he’s always been}. Much more on that big ol’ happy update in a day or so!

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...