Monday, August 22, 2011

An ending summer weekend.

I had an eventful three days this weekend. Friday evening, the museum where I manage the event rentals had a grand opening/annual meeting for all of its members to unveil a huge addition of their museum that includes a “Carousel of Innovation.” We had about 550 people show up to the event, and while I had to leave to go to a wedding rehearsal at my church, I heard it went really well. It’s not surprising that people were impressed with this beautiful, new, handcrafted carousel full of figures of innovation from our region.

IMG_4894-horz

IMG_4903

I’m also the wedding coordinator for my church, so as I mentioned above, I had a wedding to assist with this weekend. It was a simple, yet beautifully reverent wedding. {And I loved the dark blue with the pop of yellow & grey colors too.}

IMG_4939

IMG_4951

Then Saturday night we had a wonderful evening with my parents and my friend Sarah. They came to see our new windows & painted floor. We cooked hamburgers on the grill, fresh tomatoes & corn on the cob from my parents’ garden, baked beans, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. It was a perfect Summer meal to enjoy the weekend before my mom & Eugene head back to school to teach.

IMG_4976

IMG_4980

Sunday was a great sermon on trusting the Lord {Proverbs 3:5-6}, and just plain being lazy all afternoon. So peaceful. I relish weekends like these. Next week is back to school/work for Eugene & the craziness of being at a new school teaching all new classes starts. I’m sure it’ll get hectic and stressful, but I’m thankful for the rest this weekend has provided us.

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...